Varonis is the leading provider of software solutions for unstructured, human-generated enterprise data. Varonis provides an innovative software platform that allows enterprises to map, analyze, manage and migrate their unstructured data. Varonis specializes in human-generated data, a type of unstructured data that includes an enterprise’s spreadsheets, word processing documents, presentations, audio files, video files, emails, text messages and any other data created by employees. This data often contains an enterprise’s financial information, product plans, strategic initiatives, intellectual property and numerous other forms of vital information. IT and business personnel deploy Varonis software for a variety of use cases, including data governance, data security, archiving, file synchronization, enhanced mobile data accessibility and information collaboration. As of June 30, 2015, Varonis had approximately 3,750 customers, spanning leading firms in the financial services, public, healthcare, industrial, energy & utilities, technology, consumer and retail, education and media & entertainment sectors.
Product and Solution offerings:
The Varonis DatAdvantage software solution aggregates user, permissions, data and access event information from directories and file servers. Unstructured and semi-structured data in organizations is exploding and out of control. In most organizations, unstructured data accounts for 80% of business data and doubles in volume every 12-18 months. In addition, as user data access needs change, access permissions are seldom revoked; users accumulate more and more access authorizations over time. Organizations lack the ability to: see who is accessing data and what they’ve accessed, identify excessive permissions, and identify data owners.
- COMPLETE AUDIT TRAIL
- RECOMMENDATIONS AND MODELING
- DATA OWNERSHIP IDENTIFICATION
- EXTENSIBLE FRAMEWORK
DataPrivilege automates data governance by providing a framework for users and data owners to be directly involved in the access review and authorization workflows. A configurable web interface for data owners, business users, and IT administrators automates data access requests, owner and IT authorization of changes, automated entitlement reviews, and business data policy automation (e.g. ethical walls). A complete audit trail ensures that data governance policies are in place and being adhered to.
- AUTOMATED ENTITLEMENT REVIEWS
- ACCESS CONTROL WORKFLOW
- BUSINESS POLICY IMPLEMENTATION
- COMPLETE SELF-SERVICE PORTAL
- COMPLETE AUDIT TRAIL AND REPORTING
Varonis DatAlert extends Varonis DatAdvantage products and the IDU Classification Framework with real time alerting based on file activity, Active Directory changes, permissions changes, and other events. Alert criteria and output are easily configurable so that the right people and systems can be notified about the right things, at the right times in the right ways.
- RECEIVE IMMEDIATE NOTIFICATIONS ON
- GET ALERTS IN THE WAYS YOU WANT THEM:
- Monitor sensitive configuration files on Windows and UNIX/Linux servers
- Detect changes made outside of change control windows
- Alert on access to highly sensitive data
- Alert on privilege escalations
Varonis DatAnywhere turns existing file shares into an instant private cloud so that remote employees can access traditional LAN resources using mobile devices and file sync, and easily share with third parties.
With DatAnywhere, employees can:
- Automatically and securely sync files from corporate file shares to and from their laptops, smartphones and tablets
- Authenticate with corporate directory services (e.g. Active Directory)
- Securely share files with other employees and external business partners
DATANYWHERE LETS YOU:
- Create a secure private cloud experience using your existing file sharing infrastructure
- Keep the data on your file servers
- Keep your existing permissions (e.g., NTFS and Active Directory)
- Provide secure, enterprise-capable file synchronization and mobile device access
- Definitive copies are always stored on corporate storage
- Control speed, availability, and security